'It gave them back their lives': vaccinating the homebound in Bucks County

'It gave them back their lives': vaccinating the homebound in Bucks County

For some county residents who wanted a COVID-19 vaccine, getting to a clinic simply wasn't an option. So the Bucks County Health Department decided to bring the shots to them.

Elizabeth V. Ithier, 70, of Bristol Township, says getting the vaccine helped her regain a connection to her children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews.

"I missed having my family hug me and kiss me," she said. "I'm limited in movement so I can't do hugging.... You don't realize how much you miss those things, how important those things are until they're taken away from you."

Elizabeth is one of 231 Bucks residents vaccinated by the Health Department's Homebound Strike Teams, which delivered the lifesaving shots earlier this year directly to most vulnerable residents -- those who are unable to leave their homes.

The county's homebound vaccination program wrapped up in July, but other resources are still available to those looking to get the vaccine. Visit buckscounty.gov to learn more.

theirlives':vaccinating

Post a Comment

0 Comments