The Making of: "Bunga Telur" (Flowery Eggs) Sculpture.

The Making of: "Bunga Telur" (Flowery Eggs) Sculpture.

Title: It's better than the one at home.
Materials: Recycled plastics, stainless steel thread bar, Peltophorum Pterocarpum wood (Kayu Jemerlang Laut).
Size: W 73cm x H 31cm and 22cm diameter wooden base.

Artist Statement:
Bunga Telur is associated with Malay traditional wedding and it appears in my life since my childhood days. As a child, I loved to tag along with my mother to a wedding feast. I remember my mother would put on her best Baju Kurung (traditional Malay attire for ladies), adorned in her finest jewellery. Then we would make our way to the wedding feast. I would sit with my mom at the table, waiting anxiously to eat. During the feast, young girls carrying a basket of Bunga Telur, given as a gift to each of the guest by placing them on the table. Recalling my childhood days, even if I do not go to the wedding feast, I would eagerly wait for my parent to return home in anticipation of the hard-boiled egg of the Bunga Telur. It seems like the egg from the wedding feast appear to taste better than those boiled at home. Indeed, it's better than the one at home.

#sculpture #sustainableart #sustainablematerials #upcycledmaterials #upcycled #bungatelur

Post a Comment

0 Comments